15. Mysteries of Kailash Mansarovar are not mysteries for Devotees of Bhagwan Shiv Shankar Secrets…Enigma…Mysteries That Russians Claimed to Have Solved Before dwelling into details of Russian scientists let us see what Vedas say. According to Vedas, there was definite purpose for each creation across the globe; mountains, trees, hills, lake, rivers, Ganges; each of these divinely elements were bought or created by Vedic Gods for some purpose. The reason for the creation of Mountains and Hills by Vedic Gods is give here:
The Purpose of Axis and How It Controls the Seasons, Days and Nights and Weather of the World
16. The Purpose of Axis and How It Controls the Seasons, Days and Nights and Weather of the World. The Axis Mundi, the centre of the universe, the navel of the world, the world pillar, Kang Tisé or Kang Rinpoche (the ‘Precious Jewel of Snow’ in Tibetan), Meru (or Sumeru), Swastika Mountain, Mt. Astapada, Mt. Kangrinboge (the Chinese name) – all these names, belong to one of the most holiest and mysterious mountains in the world – Mount Kailash (कैलाश पर्वत).
17. Both geography and history play roles in the sacred significance of Mount Kailash. This holy mountain rises to an altitude of 6666 meters. It is called mother of all mountains though in terms of peaks in the nearby Himalayan range, which includes Mount Everest, its grandeur lies not in height but in its distinct shape – four sheer faces marking the cardinal points of the compass – and its solitary location, free of neighboring mountains that might dwarf or obscure it. Mount Kailash (कैलाश पर्वत) is regarded as the earthly and eternal manifestation of the Hindus’ Mount Meru, or Sumeru, the spiritual center of the universe, the axis mundi in Buddhist and Jain as well as Hindu cosmology.
18. The area around this great mountain is the source of four life-giving rivers; the Indus, Brahmaputra, Surlej and Karnali, which is a major tributary of India’s sacred Ganges, begin here. To further enhance the symbolic authority of the mountain as a sacred place, two lakes are situated at the base of the mountain. The higher lake Manasarovar (one of the highest freshwater lakes in the world), is the sacred lake, and is round like the sun. The lower lake Rakshas Tal (one of the highest salt-water lakes) is the devil’s lake and has the shape of the crescent moon. The two lakes represent solar and lunar forces, good and negative energies respectively. Lake Manasarovar remains calm irrespective of the weather conditions whereas Rakshas Tal stays constantly stormy.
19. The most ancient scriptures of the world; Vedas, Purans, Shiv Puran and other Upnishads clearly inform to the human race that Mount Kailash (कैलाश पर्वत) is abode of Lord Shiva. To Tibetan Buddhists, who devised their own religion following Buddha, a Vedic Hindu by birth, Kailash is the abode of the tantric meditational deity Demchog. Hindus see Kailash as the throne of the great god Shiva, being ancient faith, this is considered more authoritative than other religions. Jains who follow Jainism which emerged from Hinduism, also revere Kailash, for them, one of their most significant deities received enlightenment here. Buddhist, Hindu and Jain pilgrims from the world over go to this holy mountain to circumambulate.